Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Why can't we be friends?

First of all, thank you to those of you brave enough to vote on my blog background. I actually have a site meter, and so I can see how many hits my blog gets a day and where they come from--not exactly who you are, so it's not super stockery. Anywho, the point is that I know more people visit this blog than the amount that actually comment or participate in polls. That's fine if you wish to remain anonymous, but seriously, I highly doubt I would be creeped out by your blog-stocking, rather I would be flattered by your interest. So, if you're up to it, make yourself known!

So (obviously) I did pick a new background that I feel very comfortable with. It's casual, cute, and not over-the-top--kind of like me. I always like to be presentable but in a cute and casual way. Still, you'll be hard-pressed to find me with glitzy jewelery; simple earrings and maybe a bracelet to church are about as far as I go. Those things are attention-attracters, and I'd rather my jewelery or my hair or whatever not become the focus of people's thoughts. I suppose my ultimate goal in dressing up etc. would be for people to subconsciously approve of me and then move on. For example--if someone tells you how beautiful your makeup is, that might actually be a clue that you have on too much makeup. Just the fact that your makeup has made it's way into the forefront of another person's thoughts should tell you that it's a bit overdone. Makeup should beautify and enhance one's features, not create what is not there originally.

Wow, that was a diatribe. I feel that now I have blogged once again I have several things that may or may not be of interest to all of you who compose the elusive internet. I think my main issues are 1) I have personal issues going on that distract me from fun day-to-day things. This obviously needs to change in order for me to enjoy the little things in life, which tend to make up the bulk of life's enjoyments. And 2) I believe I have a slight fear, or perhaps shyness is the correct word, of boring my friends, family, and random strangers to death. My new goal is to not over-analyze before I blog. Rather, I am going to enjoy the process (hopefully). We'll see how it goes.

Much love to all--friends and stalkers alike!

EDIT: I just remembered a wonderful compliment a friend of mine sent me on facebook this week. She told me how nice I looked at church and she liked my hair. I wanted to clarify (especially to her if she is reading this) that her words gave me warm fuzzies and made my day. I was in no way referring to her compliment when I was talking about people noticing your hair or makeup. Love ya! That is all.

10 comments:

Jactionary said...

I'm sorry to hear about whatever is going on to distract you from the fun in life (this happens to me all the time--school, teaching, bills, etc.). I hope you're well. And write about whatever you want to! Rant, rave, cheer, bore, laugh. I love reading whatever random thought you have.

Heidi and Matt said...

you're so funny, Meg. You crack me up. I love reading your blog. I will have to comment more often. I know how you feel. I see way more onlookers than posters.

BTW: I love your new blog look. It reminds me of a girls knee length skirt matched with some cute knee-high stockings. I think about you guys lots! Hope life is good!

megs said...

Yes Heidi, perhaps my background was inspired from my days of watching Clueless every Friday night for three years. I always wanted one of those little plaid skirts!

Jana said...

Alright, I'm making myself known! But note: I just found you today :) What a cute cute family you have! We just had dinner with Taylor and Dione to celebrate the baby's birthday tomorrow! I'm so excited for them! Hope you guys are doing great! Glad I found you!

Shelley said...

You are so cute Megs! I love reading your blog!

Mrs. Kingsford said...

I like to wear TONS of makeup because its fun :) So I just had to share that today I got my new BYU id card, and when I took the picture, I was vain and made them take 2...haha. AND I ran into Ariel Johnson doing the same thing....it was awesome. That is all.

Garren, Michelle, Ryker, Trey & Mikylee said...

I admit I look on here often, but never comment. I usually don't have time to comment, I barely have time to read...Though, I will do better. It was fun seeing you over Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I subconsciously approve of you

megs said...

Jana: Yay I'm so glad you found me! I admit I believe I stocked your blog once. Such fun.

Shelley: I try.

Jayni: I was vain once too and made them take my picture twice. The mean girl looked super annoyed, but hey! I was gonna have that ID for a long time.

Michelle: Thanks for your comment. I'd comment more on your blog too, but you need to update it more girl!

Alex: Try bringing that approval to the forefront of your brain. Thanks!

pinksuedeshoe said...

I just looked at your blog today. For the first time. I approve of you, the new (apparently) background, and your hair/makeup/small simple earrings. :o)