Tuesday, April 22, 2008

We Have Some Explaining To Do

I have to get something off my chest. It has been bugging me for days and is getting worse and worse. No it is not one of my children. In light of all the media attention on the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka. polygamists), I would like to state loud and clear that these people are not Mormons. They are not a "Mormon sect", or "Mormon polygamists". These groups broke away from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the 1890's. Mormon polygamists DO NOT EXIST. The media has been continually referring to them this way, and it is pushing me past the breaking point. Get it right people. Not just for the sake of getting your facts straight, but also in respect for the LDS religion. That is all.

No comments: