Monday, July 28, 2008

For Jayni

My 22 year-old sister Jayni is not only my most dedicated reader (she admits she comes straight to this blog automatically when she signs on her computer at work everyday), but probably also my most loyal fan. Having the opportunity to spend extra time with her lately has been fabulous, and I dread going home mostly because I will have to leave her behind.

Jayni and I always have such a blast together--whether we're laughing or just silently doing separate things side by side, we are happy and comfortable and at home there. I don't believe there is a person on this earth who understands who I am and just plain "get's" me, as well as Jayni does. There have been several moments when we have reacted to situations with the exact same facial expression, words, and intonation--and then looked at each other wide-eyed and laughed our heads off. We quote the same movies, sing the same songs, have the same inside jokes, and understand each other's mannerisms and sense of humor better than anyone.

I love her more than I can say. Although she is my little sister, I look up to her more than she could possibly ever know. You would be hard-pressed to find anyone as beautiful, sweet, perservering, courageous, fun, thoughtful and kind as Jayni. I wish I could possess her patience and bravery--but for now, I am satisfied that she is willing to share herself with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a surprise to find this post right after I logged into my computer this morning! Oh Megs, you are the sweetest sister a girl could ask for. Thanks for being my best friend! I love you more than you know...

Mrs Ana said...

Very sweet and beautiful tribute to your sister!! I love it!! I miss seeing you leading the music and just miss you! I used to go home to Oregon for about a month when my girls were younger. I don't do that anymore the boys are too busy in the summer, but I am looking forward to doing that again some day so I can I spend some quality time with my sisters.