Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Truthful Words

I love how little children always speak their minds without thought of other people's feelings or consequence. Apparently the elderly are also allowed the same privilege.

Yesterday evening I sat directly across the table from my grandpa while we ate dinner. I noticed him staring at me intently, and I finally met his gaze head on. He smiled at me and then said to my grandma, "Geri, isn't it wonderful to see Megan? All that round chubbiness in her face is now gone!" I laughed and said, "I'm glad too, Grandpa. " One of the most heartfelt compliments I've ever recieved.

3 comments:

Katie Lane said...

How funny are your grandparents!!!!!! What a compliment!

Janette Rallison said...

This is why I like to have little kids and older people in my novels--they always say the best lines.

megs said...

Awesome. Feel free to use my cheerful humiliation in any of your novels. I would be proud:)