Saturday, June 21, 2008

Over the Rainbow


It was raining pretty good the other day when we were coming out of Walmart. The sun was setting in the west, peeking through the clouds to create a magnificent rainbow. Gasping, I pointed it out to Buttercup, hoping her little eyes could make out a real rainbow--especially when she pictures rainbows to be like the ones on Care Bears. Buttercup stopped what she was doing and stared intently for a moment. Then she turned to me with wide eyes and implored, "Mama, can I slide down it?" I wanted to laugh and cry all at the same time. It was so cute that she believed it possible to slide down a rainbow, and completely awful that I had to destroy her precious-little-girl-fantasy. I gave her a kiss and explained that "Only Care Bears can slide down rainbows, but aren't we lucky that Heavenly Father made one for us to look at today?" She smiled and took it like a woman.

I love my children. Part of me wishes that they would completely stop growing and stay small and innocent just like this forever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo, and what a sweet story!

Love!

xox

Heidi and Matt said...

That is the cutest thing ever. Life would be so much more simple if we just stayed 3 years old! Was that pic here in Bismarck?

megs said...

I am very artistic and I artistically found that gorgeous photo on google and put it on my blog. Sorry--I can't take credit!

Helen mdk said...

Soooo cute!! I just saw the photos of ur kids and they r adorable =]
And the photo u took is very pretty

=]