Saturday, November 15, 2008

And there was much rejoicing.

I am a chocoholic. I sometimes think I literally have an addiction--plus the stuff makes me so happy it's like I'm on a high, but after it's all over the low is just--well, very low. Anywho, the point is that I love it, love it, love it! I am always looking for bigger and better things to do with chocolate, and lately I found happiness printed on a magazine page that I promptly tore out and framed on my wall (or something like that). The discovery is called Ghiradelli Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookies, and they are sent straight from heaven who loves me--or from the devil who wants to destroy me--whichever way they are delicious.

And so now I will bless you with my new-found happiness and wish you happy baking (if you are wise enough to follow this blog and trust my chocolate-tasting skills). FYI: This recipe cannot be just made on a whim--the directions are a little different and it will require an hour or two before they are ready to be served. And yes, you must use Ghiradelli brand chocolate chips--quality chocolate!

Ghiradelli Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookies
Yield--2 dozen cookies

1 bag (11.5 oz.) Ghiradelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
6Tbsp. (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 bag (12 oz.) Ghiradelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup (4 oz.) chopped walnuts


In double boiler over hot water, melt the bittersweet chocolate chips and butter. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick; stir in chocolate mixture. In small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture. Gently mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts.

Using a sheet of plastic wrap, form dough into two logs, each 2 inches in diameter and about 8 inches long. As dough will be very soft, use plastic wrap to hold dough in log shape. Wrap tightly. Refrigerate at least one hour or until firm.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unwrap dough; with sharp knife, cut into 3/4 inch slices. Place slices 1 1/2 inches apart on greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until shiny crust forms on top but is still soft.

Cool on baking sheet. Enjoy the moment of timeless pleasure. (Not even kidding, that last part was in the recipe.)

6 comments:

Mikelle and Ben said...

Ooooo yum! That sounds delicious!

Mrs Ana said...

I plan on trying this recipe it sounds yummy!!!!!!! thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Kingsford said...

Yay for chocolate! Let's make these when you come in December :)

Heidi and Matt said...

oh Megan! These look amazing!!!

Tay and Liz said...

I love you Megan!! You have no idea how much I've been craving chocolate this pregnancy! I'm so excited to try the recipe! Thanks!!

megs said...

I "craved" chocolate during both my pregnancies too. I think I just used it as an excuse to eat more chocolate. And I did. And it was good.