Monday, February 2, 2009

A hopeless letter to a long-time enemy

Dear Body,

Why do you hate me? It is a question I have been longing to ask throughout the years, ever since I noticed the continuity of really ugly, loud, repetitive frog-like hiccups and torturous periods.

Did you not see what a sweet toddler I was? Instead you cursed me with nightly leg-aches that plague me to this day (and then decided to pass them on to dear, sweet Buttercup I might add). You filled my teenage years with acne and klutzyness. Why do you still insist on daily stubbing my toe and kunging my elbow on a passing wall/dresser/lamp? It would be nice if once in awhile you would kindly do your job and send my brain a signal that my limbs are so long and there are big objects obstructing my path and thus my arm/leg/head/hip perhaps ought to move over a bit to make room.

I have tried so hard to be kind to you--reaching out to you with the hand of friendship by doing endless step-aerobics, washing my face nightly, and eating vegetables. But those gestures of love you have thrown back in my face like a slap. What was with those terrible pregnancies and the so-not-necessary extra weight gain? Why?

I will never give up, because that would mean the war is over and you have won. But I do have a small request for you. It shouldn't be too difficult to handle. When you decide to smite me with a physical abnormality/disease/bothersome random symptoms, could you please make it clear what the actual underlying problem is? I'm really sick of these guessing games, so really it would help us both out if you could just be open and honest. And then give the doctors proof that I'm not a hypochondriac the next time they decide to do an expensive test/procedure.

Body, I know we've had some rough times, but we could start over and begin a new relationship right now if you're willing to cooperate. I want to love you. Please trust me. Please stop the madness.

Please.

Sincerely,

Megs

4 comments:

Mrs. Kingsford said...

I feel like this is a "Host" post (hey that rhymed!) where your body and your mind are two different things. Cool! Are you really a host body? Kinda creepy.....

Garren, Michelle, Ryker, Trey & Mikylee said...

Sounds like you had a rough day. I hope things go better for you and you can get some answers. I know how that goes. Good luck.

Claire said...

Frustrating! Still - know that I luff you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Meg so I just found your blog. It was hidden in a bunch of my random emails. It has been fun reading everything. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well that is the worst. Good luck with everything! Love, Heids